Édition POPCAP is a limited photography edition comprising works from the winners of POPCAP, the piclet.org prize for contemporary African photography. The outstanding works of the participating artists are printed in a circulation of 7 + 2 AP and are available for purchase both at the POPCAP exhibitions and the online store.
Édition POPCAP consists of works from Guillaume Bonn (FR), Filipe Branquinho (MOZ), Ilan Godfrey (ZA), Tahir Carl Karmali (KEN), Dillon Marsh (ZA), Paolo Patrizi (IT), Léonard Pongo (BE), Zied Ben Romdhane (TUN), Romaric Tisserand (FR) and Graeme Williams (ZA). Future POPCAP awardees will be invited to join the edition.
THE BIRTH OF ÉDITION POPCAP
POPCAP, the piclet.org prize for contemporary African photography, was established in 2012 by Benjamin Füglister and is awarded annually to photographers whose work is either created within Africa or deals with a diaspora of an African country. Participation in the competition is free and open to all, regardless of age or ethnicity.
The prize comprises a series of international exhibitions in Africa, Europe and South America, as well as a studio residency for all five winners in either Europe or Africa. POPCAP is executed in collaboration with Verein Liaison represented by Angela Nyffeler.
Édition POPCAP and was created in response to overwhelming interest from POPCAP exhibition-goers. The works are exclusively printed by Artificial Image in Berlin. The 1/7 of over seventy images are sold for CHF 490.– . This price will increase by a factor of 1.2 with every following edition. 70% of proceeds will go to the artists, and the other 30% will be used to promote African photography within the context of POPCAP.
Further information is to be found on the Édition POPCAP website.